- Read Introduction to ¡Manteca! An Anthology of Afro-Latin@ Poets.
- Pick a poet from the Afro-latinx list (or another poet that meets the criteria) and read several (at least 3) poems by that poet.
- Criteria: Self-identifies as Afro-latinx; living; experimental.
- Prepare one poem or section of a poem (if it’s long) for an in-class reading/presentation and email that poem to me by the Monday before class.
- You do not have to do am in-class presentation, you can instead do a reading of the poem on the blog or by email instead of presenting it, but you must still email that poem to me.
- We will consider elements of similarity and difference and work towards an understanding of how poetics are working for each poet individually.